2020-2021 Facility Use
If circumstances change or the pandemic conditions warrant a closure, your event will be canceled and you will be notified immediately. As always, in-district events will take priority for facility scheduling.
The following information provides a checklist of requirements for any outside group or organization approved to use Belton School District #124 indoor facilities during a pandemic. Any facility used by an outside group must be pre-approved by the Belton School District Business Department. Facility rental can resume on Sunday, November 1, 2020.
- The group must assign a Safety Leader who has the following responsibilities:
- Keep a list of all names of individuals in attendance showing the date/time and first/last name, phone number, and email. The Safety Leader will keep these lists on file in the event contact tracing becomes necessary.
- Be responsible for making sure all participants are only in approved areas of the facility and behave in a manner that keeps everyone safe and all property protected from damage.
- Limit entry inside the facility to only those individuals absolutely necessary to be inside to accomplish the purpose of the activity. Other individuals who do not have to be inside, but are in attendance, are asked to wait outside in their vehicle.
- All members of the group or organization must complete a wellness check prior to entering a District facility. The wellness check consists of the following:
- In the last two weeks, did you care for or have close contact with someone diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19?
- In the last 48 hours, have you had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (100 degrees or +)
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- New runny nose or congestion
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Individuals must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications in order to be allowed to enter any District facility.
- Individuals shall not enter any District facility if the answer is yes to either Question #1 or #2, or if they have not been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- The group must provide their own touchless thermometer and check participants and attendees before allowing them to enter the facility. Temperatures must be below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All participants must wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- All participants shall keep a physical distance of 6 feet or more to the greatest extent possible (this may require limiting attendance, modifying seating layouts, providing physical barriers where necessary, staggering arrival/dismissal routines to reduce large group congestion, and/or utilizing one-way movement within the facility).
- Face coverings must be worn for entry/exit and anytime in the facility. Face coverings must remain on while individuals are moving around the facility. Individuals may only remove face coverings during the following:
- When directly engaged in an activity that requires physical exertion; however, face coverings must be put back on immediately following the physical exertion activity.
- When a child is age 2 or under.
- Individuals must bring their own water bottle and not share their bottle with anyone else.
- Participants must arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to approved time, and leave immediately after approved time has expired so as to not create congestion and exposure with other groups using the facility.
- If any member of the group or organization using the facility gets diagnosed with COVID-19, the group must contact the Belton School District point of contact and the Cass County Health Department and cease using the facility space immediately until approved by the District:
- Dr. Sara Jones, Assistant Superintendent - Pupil Services
- (816) 489-7000
- The Belton School District #124 reserves the right to eliminate the use of District facilities by outside organizations if the use starts to compromise the health and safety of the school community.
Procedures for Facility Use
The Belton School District #124 strives to have a collaborative relationship with our surrounding community. As part of that relationship, our buildings and grounds can be utilized by organizations, groups, or individuals, when not in use for school-related purposes.To request the use of District facilities, please review the set of links below. You will need to first request access to submit online requests to use our facilities (first time only). Once that process is completed, you can follow the next set of directions demonstrating how to fill out the online form. If you are familiar with the process, simply choose the direct link to complete the form. The link always takes you to the master calendar containing events already booked in the District.When making a request, one of the items will require you to provide a certificate of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 with the Belton School District #124 listed as the additional insured. A link to a sample certificate is below.Please read over the regulations carefully, check the fees, and ensure your participants are familiar with the rules governing the use of school property and grounds. If you need assistance, please reach out to the school and/or space you are trying to reserve, and ask for the facility use secretary. If you plan to use Yeokum, contact Erin Freeman, and for technical issues, pricing questions, or general concerns, contact Ginny Hall.