Working in public education is challenging and rewarding. In the Belton School District, we believe every one of our staff shares the opportunity to help children learn, grow and succeed. We thank you for your interest in serving the students of Belton.
The moment a child reads his first word…when a student solves a math problem on her own…when a student rings the bell at BHS after being accepted to college...the delight of students and staff as they start a new year…the joy when a child says, "Thank you for making a difference" after walking across the stage and turning her tassel. Every day in Belton, we have thousands of moments like these—thousands of smiles to share. It's why we are #Proud2BPirates.
We are looking for talented and energetic staff to join our team. Our standards are high because learning is such important business.
We invite you to share with us your commitment to excellence, passion for innovation, care for people and love of learning.
- Discover why you should choose Belton, principles we value, and why you should consider a career with us.
- Find out about our requirements, application process, and the types of jobs we offer below.
- Learn more about our students, staff, and stories from our Facebook page.
QualificationsMissouri Certification for certified positions. High school diploma or G.E.D. or applicable license for non-certified positions.
Application ProcessScreenings for non-certified positions are conducted at the Human Resources office Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:00pm. The following documents may be attached to online applications for certified positions: Letter of interest, résumé, transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation, and a valid copy of teaching certificate.
To apply for substitute positions in the Belton School District, please visit the WillSub website to begin an application. You can also contact Linda Fisk with the Belton School District at 816-489-7002.
- Substitute Certified Teachers, $13.57/hour ($95/day). 60 college hours required. *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $15.75/hour ($110.25/day)
- Long-term Certified Substitute Teacher, $21.43/hour ($150/day) from the 16th consecutive day of the same assignment until completion.
It is required for substitutes in classified positions to have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
Rate of $10.71/hour. *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $12.89/hour ($90.25/day)
- Long-term Non-certified Substitute, $12.20/hour ($85/day) from the 16th consecutive day of the same assignment until completion. *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $13.75/hour
- RN Substitute for a district RN, $13.57/hour *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $15.75/hour
- Nurse Para Substitute, $10.71/hour *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $12.89/hour
- Custodian Substitute, $10.71/hour *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $12.39/hour
- Childcare Center, SAC/PAC
- Childcare Center Substitutes, $10.71/hour. Must be at least 18 years old. *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $12.89/hour
- SAC/PAC substitutes, $10.71/hour. Must be 16 years old. *New rates starting December 2, 2019: $12.89/hour
Food Service EmploymentIndividuals interested in food service employment opportunities -- OPAA! Food Management is hiring cooks, chefs, kitchen managers, and drivers. Apply on Indeed today!
Bus Driver EmploymentDS Bus Lines are currently taking applications for school bus drivers. Contact Tonya Hollaman at DS Bus Lines for application information: 816-331-3200
Lisa CummingsAssistant Superintendent, Human ResourcesHeather CutairSecretary
Job Postings, New Hires, Resignations/Retirements
Substitutes, FMLA, Student Teaching Requests
Belton School District is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of the District programs are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in compliance with the employment procedures and regulations of Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972.