Mission, Beliefs and Strategic Plan
The mission of the Belton School District, as a proud reflection of our community, is to inspire and empower all students to reach individual potential by providing learning experiences that challenge and engage within a safe, supportive environment designed to prepare students to thrive and excel.
- Every person is unique and has inherent worth.
- Every person has the ability to learn and power to achieve.
- Expectations affect outcomes.
- Positive reinforcement is vital to developing self-esteem.
- Supportive relationships are essential to success.
- Learning is unique to the individual and requires engagement and application.
- Every person has the ability to affect others.
- Every person is responsible for their actions.
- Every person has the right to feel safe.
- Diversity enriches life.
- Knowledge is fundamental to personal freedom and a free-thinking society.
OUR PIRATE PRINCIPLES
- Critical Thinking
- We will base decisions on what is best for students.
- We will treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We will see every challenge as an opportunity.
- We will practice responsible stewardship of our resources.
- We will not compromise high expectations.
- We will ensure success for every student.
We will lead the Belton community in its transformation of learning experiences resulting in life readiness for each student.
We will foster a culture of safety by enhancing secure infrastructure and protecting the welfare of students, staff and community members.
We will establish a comprehensive system of support to strengthen connections and address challenges within our schools, families, and community to build a social, emotional and academic foundation.