Parents as Teachers is a free program providing practical assistance and support to all families with children from prenatal to school age. It offers personal visits for your family, group meetings with activities for parents and children, parent workshops to share ideas and to obtain additional parenting information, yearly developmental screenings, and a referral network for special services if needed.
Contact us today for more information!
Services Offered by Parents as Teachers
- Information before the baby is born
- Information about things to look for in a growing child
- Periodic check-ups of the child’s development- language, social, motor, hearing, vision, and health
- Visits to the home or at the center by certified parent educators trained in child development to provide guidance, offer encouragement, and help evaluate a child’s progress
- Printed information on all aspects of parenting- prenatal to school entry
- Bi-monthly Newsletters
- Monthly Activity Calendars
- Monthly “Family Fun” Activity Times