Social-Emotional Support/Mental Wellness (DRAFT)
- BSD counselors will be trained in COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Counselors may wear a mask or face shield when meeting face-to-face with students.
- Counselors will develop strategies and support for students, families, and staff members for each phase of recovery (before reopening, immediately after reopening and long-term support).
- A process will be established to help identify and provide support to students or staff perhaps at higher risk for significant stress or trauma from COVID-19.
- Students in need of social-emotional support will be provided tiered interventions which could involve referral for additional school-based services or referral for outside mental health support.