Extracurricular Participation - Athletics and Activities
- Students and staff will be trained in COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All participants, coaches, and directors will follow rules established by the Cass County Health Department and MSHSAA.
- Guidance from MSHSAA is listed below:
- As of July 15, 2020, activities and athletics can continue for the fall season.
- Practices can begin on August 10th.
- Students who participate in distance learning are permitted to participate in activities and athletics. Transportation to practices and/or games (depending on the time of the event) is the responsibility of the parent/guardian of the student participating in distance learning.
- There will be a MSHSAA COVID Return To Play Form that MUST be used for any confirmed positive test prior to a student returning to participation.
- Complete guidance can be found in this document from MSHSAA.
Facility Rentals & After-School Events
Updated 10/13/2020If circumstances change or the pandemic conditions warrant a closure, your event will be canceled and you will be notified immediately. As always, in-district events will take priority for facility scheduling.Any outside group or organization approved to use Belton School District #124 indoor facilities during a pandemic will need to follow the guidelines on the Facility Use page of our website and complete the accompanying form. Any facility used by an outside group must be pre-approved by the Belton School District Business Department. Facility rental can resume on Sunday, November 1, 2020.
Research supports elementary students having recess during the academic day. During this time, the Belton School District will utilize more frequent recess/break opportunities since students have limited movement about the building during the day. Staff will monitor and ensure students are using appropriate social distancing during all non-contact activities. Additionally, schools will stagger the use of playground equipment and disinfect in between use or consider closing playground equipment.
- Playgrounds will be cleaned and disinfected each morning prior to the start of school.
- Students will be in small groups when using recess equipment and some playground equipment will be limited.
- Masks/Face coverings will not be needed if students and staff are able to safely social distance on the playground.
- When feasible and appropriate, students will gather outside (for instance, during physical education class), rather than inside, because of the likely reduced risk of virus spread outdoors.
Large-Group Gatherings & Special Event Announcements
During the fall semester, BSD will avoid scheduling non-essential large group gatherings and events (assemblies, book fairs, back to school nights, etc) where adults and students must gather indoors or where students would be unnecessarily exposed to the virus in public places; this would include field trips. Other large group gatherings will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
if events are scheduled, all attendees will be required to wear a mask.