Annual Enrollment Information

  • The Belton School District is looking forward to welcoming back your Pirates for the upcoming school year. 

    RETURNING STUDENTS: On July 18, enrollment information will be available in the Parent Portal. You will need to load a file with your proof of residency. If you have questions, please email If you plan to enroll using a mobile device, be sure to use a browser (Chrome or Safari) and not the TylerSIS K12 app; it is not designed for the enrollment process.


    Please email the following items to

    • Your child's name
    • Your phone number
    • Grade
    • Birth certificate
    • Immunization records
    • Proof of residency (See below for acceptable proof)

    **If your "New to Belton" child attended school in another district, we will also need a Release of Records Request completed for each child. This form can be completed electronically. We will process that information and send you directions to log in and complete the online portion of enrollment. 

    Not sure which school they'll attend? Check out our Attendance Zone Locator.

    If your child needs immunizations before the first day of school, please see your primary care physician. Immunization requirements can be found here.

    Proof of Residency

    Proof of residency is required for student enrollment. The only acceptable proof is a water, gas, or electric bill in the parent/guardian name with the current service address listed on the bill, and dated within 30 days prior to enrollment. Cable bills, insurance statements, tax receipts, shut-off notices, etc. will not be accepted for proof of residency. If a parent/guardian does not have a utility bill with their name, they may provide an active rental/ lease agreement signed by all parties (the lessee and the renter). 

    To submit your proof of residency, you will look in the Parent Portal for the yellow bar that says "Required e-Forms have not been submitted" with a red exclamation point. The form you need to submit is called Residency Verification.  

    **If any of the approved proofs of residency are not in the parent or guardian names, an Affidavit of Residency will need to be filled out, signed by all parties, and notarized for those who are residing with a Belton resident. Full Legal Guardianship is required for any student under the age of 18 not living with their parent or legal guardian. 

    Childcare affidavits to attend a specific elementary school are granted only if class sizes will not exceed State standards. In addition, students must maintain good standing in terms of academics, citizenship, and attendance. Permits are issued when a student lives in one attendance area, but is cared for by an adult within the boundaries of another Belton elementary school. Childcare must be provided before and/or after school.  If childcare arrangements are terminated or changed, the school must be notified immediately. These forms must also be notarized.

    Both the Affidavit of Residency and the Childcare Affidavit can be submitted as Residency Verification once they have been notarized.

    Benefits Applications

    Families are strongly encouraged to complete a meal benefits form for other discounts and offers that will support your child's educational experience. 

    Students who qualify for benefits may also be eligible for discounted rates on advanced placement tests, SAT/ACT fee waivers, financial aid (FAFSA, EFC - Expected Family Contribution), reduced technology fees, discounts for school-age childcare, qualify for scholarship opportunities, free wireless hot spots from the 10 Million Project, and more.

    To complete the application and qualify for discounts, you can fill out the form online once you are done with this enrollment process. To find the form, log back into Parent Portal and look for a yellow bar that says "New optional e-Forms are available." Look for the form called Benefits Application.

    Paper copies of this form are available upon request. 

    Familias que necesitan asistencia, comuníquense con Teresa Balboa en o 816-348-1180.