Belton Middle School
Dear Belton Middle School Parents,
It’s always a great day to be a Pirate! It is with much excitement that I welcome you and your child to the 2023-2024 academic school year at Belton Middle School. In a few short weeks, on August 21st to be exact, the classes of 2028 and 2029 will walk through our doors to start their first day of school. Each new school year brings an opportunity for new hopes, dreams, relationships and meaningful moments that we can take with us for the rest of our lives. I am looking forward to creating these moments and memories with your students.
I hope you are all enjoying a restful summer with family and friends. As we begin this school year, I look forward to getting to know you and your child. I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to lead a school with such a great staff and see firsthand the tremendous growth and learning that takes place during these critical transitional years for our students. We understand that each child brings with them their own physical, cultural, emotional and cognitive characteristics with different levels of enthusiasm, curiosity, strengths, and limitations. At BMS, we embrace those differences and make the most of the challenges and educational moments that accompany them. We also understand success has a different meaning for each child and his/her family.
Enrollment: Due to our new student information system, everyone is learning a new program. Therefore, all district families, new and returning, must make an in-person appointment for Enrollment and Residency Verification to complete all the steps of enrollment.
- August 3: 10am to 7pm
- August 7: 8am to 5pm
- August 8: 10am to 7pm
- August 10: 8am to 5pm
You can sign up for your appointment below:
Only one time slot is needed for your entire family to enroll. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time. If you are late or miss your time slot, you will need to reschedule and may not be guaranteed a spot until after August 10.
Please remember to bring the following to your appointment:
- Birth certificates and Immunization Records will be required for any NEW student.
- Proof of Residency is still required for all families. Accepted proof of residency is a water, electric or gas bill dated within the last 30 days or a rental/lease agreement that is signed and dated. Please make sure the proof of residency is provided is in the parent/legal guardian’s name and the proof shows the service address.
Location: Belton High School, 801 W North Ave, Belton
In addition to the proof of residency, an Affidavit of Residency will need to be filled out, signed by all parties, and notarized for those who are residing with a Belton resident. Full Legal Guardianship is required for any student under the age of 18 not living with their parent or legal guardian.
We will have a notary available during the enrollment events to complete any affidavit needs.
If you have other questions regarding this year’s enrollment and residency verification process, you may call the main district line at 816-489-7000 during regular business hours, you may call your children’s school after July 31, 2023, or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your children may not be able to attend the first day of school if you do not come to your enrollment appointment with district staff members.
Important Back-to-School Dates:
Meet the Teacher Night: Students will receive their schedules and will be able to find their classrooms and meet their teachers. There will be an opportunity to purchase spirit wear, order a yearbook and join PTSO.
- Thursday, August 17th 4:00-7:00 pm
First Day of School:
- Monday, August 21st 7:24 am-2:32 pm
- Students may arrive on campus no earlier than 7:10 am
- Although our school supply list is posted on the school district website, we do have several new teachers. After the first day of school, your student may have a few different items that will be needed.
First Day of Fall Sports:
- Football, Volleyball, and Cross Country – Monday, August 21st
- Please watch our school website for information from the coaches regarding practice times. In order to participate, students must have a completed physical form; these forms are available online.
1st Semester, Dates with No School:
- September 4th: Labor Day
- September 25th: Professional Development Day for Teachers
- October 16th: Professional Development Day for Teachers
- October 26th and 27th: No School
- October 30th: Professional Development Day for Teachers
- November 22nd-24th: Thanksgiving Break
- November 27th: Professional Development Day for Teachers
- December 25th-January 8th: Winter Break
Fall Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 19th and October 25th, evening
Our goal is to provide an encouraging and safe school environment. Academic success is our top priority. We place a high value on respect, academic achievement, and regular attendance. The administration, faculty, and staff embrace the philosophy that, through hard work and support, each and every student can and will be successful. We welcome your active participation in your child’s education, and we urge you to be proactive in communicating with our administration, counselors, and teachers, and as time allows, to volunteer in our various programs and events. By working together, we will ensure success for your child. If you have any questions or wish to discuss any school issues, please contact us at 816-489-7060. I look forward to meeting you and your child and having a successful school year.
Ms. Jennifer Paschall
Principal, Belton Middle School